Bridges Caversham has a responsibility to you and our people, so it is imperative that we operate safely – protecting your health and that of our employees. We will be adhering to social distancing measures and following Government guidelines.
We recommend you read the full guidance:
Here is a summary of the key points:
Information for potential vendors
Preparing your property for a valuation or viewing
- Initially, we will continue to offer a virtual valuation service where possible.
- Please inform us if any member of your household is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or has been asked to self isolate before going ahead with any valuations or viewings.
- Please do not be offended if we don’t shake hands or accept any refreshments.
- Only members of the same household will be allowed to attend an appointment with one of our agents.
- Please inform us if you would prefer a face covering to be worn during the meeting.
- Please ensure all lights are switched on, doors opened and commonly touched surfaces have been cleaned in advance.
- We will aim to have any conversations with you or the viewer outside or in a well-ventilated space and will hold detailed discussions with you either on the phone or by email.
- We will send any appropriate marketing materials and documentation via email.
As most people choose to, we recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household, but it is important that you still follow the relevant quidelines set out above.
Our agents will:
- Have face coverings and gloves for their own use. Please let us know if you would feel more comfortable with us wearing this equipment – we will be happy to do so.
- Carry anti-bacterial gel and will be sanitising their hands before and after any appointment.
- Be dressed in smart casual clothing that can and will be washed regularly.
- Follow social distancing guidelines.
- Travel to appointments on foot or using their own vehicle. We will not be using public transport.
- Send specific instructions reflecting social distancing and government guidelines to people who would like to view your property.
Visiting the Bridges Caversham office
- Our offices are open.
- If you do need to come and see us, please get in touch and book an appointment.
- Any clearly labelled keys/documentation can be posted through our office door.
Information for potential purchasers
- Please only request physical viewings of properties you are seriously interested in.
- Please inform us if any party is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or has been asked to self isolate before going ahead with any viewing or visit to our office.
- Please make your own way to the property as we are unable to offer transport. Where possible, and for your own safety, please try and avoid public transport, especially at peak times.
- Physical viewings can only take place with key members of your household and are by appointment only.
- Please sanitise hands on entry to the property and exit.
- We will maintain a 2m distance and wear face coverings if this isn’t possible.
- You may be asked to wear a face covering and will be asked to remove your shoes (alternatively you may bring foot covers).
- We will ask vendors that surfaces are cleaned prior to each viewing.
- You will be asked not to touch anything whilst in the property. Anything you do touch will need to be wiped down after.
- The occupier of the property will be asked to ensure the property is well ventilated and that internal doors are left open.
- The occupier of the property will also be asked to vacate the property while the viewing is taking place.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch.